Sunday, May 27, 2012

FURNITURE MAKEOVER FOR THE BEDROOM

Besides being a Feng Shui consultant I love to work on beautiful transformations, furniture makeovers!Here is the work I've done for our bedroom. I've got my 15 year old bedroom furniture spray painted. I was searching to purchase a new bedroom furniture set. But then I decided that we could use it for a couple of more years if we gave it a new lease. Being expats you need to think twice! Relocating quite often- this is totally a different lifestyle!




BEFORE

AFTER

VINTAGE  STYLE TURKISH MIRROR

MY LOVE BIRDS:) 

I got these beautiful handmade ceramic birds with evil eyes from a small gift shop in Izmir,Turkey, Aren't they cute? Objects in pairs is good for your bedroom from a Feng Shui perspective!

BEFORE

AFTER

NEW HEADBOARD

The only major change is the headboard. I purchased this lovely French rattan headboard from Luz de Luna in Al Barsha,Dubai. They also sell their pieces at Home Design store located on the 1st floor of Mall of The Emirates. The price was around US$ 1,000. 

NOW

Velvet, purple pillows & lilac cotton satin bedspread

The velvet, purple pillows are from Ralph Lauren, Harvey Nichols, US$ 250 for both.
The lilac cotton satin bedspread is from Crate and Barrel, US$190. All from Mall of the Emirates,Dubai.


I really like the cotton satin bedspread which is very lightweight and machine washable. The one I had before was a heavy cotton type of bedspread and was impossible to wash, only dry cleaned. 

BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER
BEFORE

AFTER

Actually, I'm still working on the styling, and balancing the Yin&Yang properties of the room as well as the 5 elements. I don't like to rush choosing the accessories as I want a look that will last for some time...







1 comment:

  1. Lovely changes! I'm currently looking for a vintage armchair to upholster. It's fun to give a new life to old things. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...