Monday, May 7, 2012

LOVE SHOES?

Who doesn't?
Lately, I decided that I had to transform my shoe closet. It wasn't functional anymore. I was inspired from
a couple of blogs,magazines and of course my friend Violotte:) She is so lucky to have her own shoe dressing room! 

Violette's Shoe Dressing Room

Violette's Shoe Dressing Room
First, I had to declutter my shoe closet. And then I decided that an open shelving unit would be more functional than what I had. Plus I had enough space. Open shelving makes it much easier to see and choose what to wear. This is what I had before and after.
BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER-MY FAVORITES!

These are Billy Bookcases from IKEA. GOD bless IKEA...Not only looks great but is also functional and reasonably priced:)


I tend to organize my shoes according to style and occasion. Oprah organizes hers by how long she can bear to keep them on her feet. "I've gone to parties, wearing shoes that hurt so much, I wanted to come home early"Oprah says. What fun is that?
Oprah's pain-o-meter-rules:

  1. IndefinitelyShoes that she can wear at home everyday, especially after a long day of being on her feet at work (for Oprah, it’s her Prada flats!)
  2. All Day: Shoes that she can wear at work, all day (Oprah’s Manolo Blahniks)
  3. One Hour: Shoes that she can wear for her entire show
  4. Ten Minutes: Shoes that she can wear between commercial breaks while taping her show
  5. One Minute: Shoes that can only be worn from the door to the car and then she has to sit down quickly
  6. Zero Minutes: Shoes that hurt as soon as she put them on AND caused her so much pain that she had to see her doctor afterward 

source: Oprah's website


Here are some other chic and functional ways of organizing your shoes. Don't forget to declutter first.
ENJOY!

photo: Pinterest

photo:Pinterest

photo:Pinterest

photo: Pinterest
photo: Pinterest

photo:Pinterest





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...